By Ryan Dedrick
File a Claim
Say customers: file a claim online by signing into your My Say account or by giving our Say Service Squad a call at 1-800-225-5729. We're here to help either way!
Filing a claim online through your My Say portal should take less than 10 minutes. Most of the questions asked you will easily be able to answer, what a relief! We know that filing a claim can add stress to an already stressful situation, so we want to make the process as easy as we can.
If you decide to call, the process might take a little longer because we have to ask some questions and confirm your identity. However, this is a great option if you are anxious about your claim and feel more comfortable talking to a Say Service Squad member.
After you've filed, you can check on the status of your claim in My Say immediately. You'll also find your adjuster contact info there!
Agents, claimants, and other non-customers: call the Say Service Squad at 1-800-225-5729 to file a claim. Once you've filed, an adjuster will call you within 2 business days. The adjuster will be your main source of information during this process. However, if you have more immediate questions or concerns, feel free call our Say Service Squad and they will answer any questions they are able to.
Planning Ahead: What You’ll Need to File a Claim
Here's a checklist of what you will need after an accident, before starting your claim:
- Gather contact information and insurance information from everyone involved
- Check to see if there are any injuries, make note of the communicated injuries
- Make a note of when and where it happened
- Take photos of the scene, and don't leave anything out! Try to capture every corner of your car and get the whole car in the frame
- Consider reaching out to the police, if necessary. If you do, record the police report number
- Now, it's time to file your claim online or by calling our Say Service Squad at 1-800-225-5729
Say’s Claims Process
Curious about our claims process? Here are the basics:
1. File your claim: You can file online or call 1-800-225-5729.
2. Adjuster assigned: Expect a call from your adjuster. Get back to them quickly to speed up the process.
3. Get an estimate: You can get an estimate at any time, but be sure to talk to your adjuster before completing any repairs.
4. Rental Car: Ask your adjuster if a rental car is covered.
5. Investigation: Your adjuster, or another member of the claims team, will verify the details of your claim.
6. Getting paid: Your adjuster will walk you through the payment process for any repairs or medical costs.
If you still have more questions, check out our claims FAQ.
Posted July 27, 2016 in Insurance Know-How.