By Erin Thompson on July 27, 2016.
Alright, so you've got an insurance score, but it's not the sole deciding factor on your rate. Here's a rundown of everything else Say considers when determining the price of your policy.
Factors Impacting Your Car Insurance Premium
The year, make and model of your vehicle
- Typically newer and/or fancier cars are more expensive to repair or replace
- Cars that perform well in safety tests may lower your rate versus cars that don’t
Your driver-to-vehicle ratio
- We figure if two or more people share a car, then more miles will be driven, increasing the chance of accidents and moving violations
- If you own multiple cars, you split the drive time (and divide the risk) among them, meaning each car has less chance of getting into an accident or moving violation
- Drivers younger than 25 or older than 65 are considered more risky than those in between
- For certain age ranges, men consistently demonstrate higher claims costs than women
Your marital status
- Married couples are shown to have fewer accidents than single drivers
Your level of coverage, including your limit amounts and deductible
- The more you agree to pay out of pocket on a potential claim, the less an insurance company puts on the line for any repairs or replacements
The driving records of each driver on the policy
- The more claims or violations a person has, the more likely they are to have a claim in the near future
How long you've been a member of Say Insurance
- The longer a customer stays with Say, the more accurately we can match the rate with actual risk
We also factor in discounts(!), which you can get for:
- Completing an approved accident prevention course
- Receiving your policy documents electronically
- Choosing to pay in full, in advance
- Having an approved anti-theft device
Now that you know about the insurance score and all of the other factors going into your rate, it's time to get an auto insurance quote for your vehicle (if you haven't already) and see how much you can save with Say Insurance.
Just want to see your insurance score? Use our insurance score quote tool.