By Madeline Klein on October 5, 2016.
Ahh, the road trip. You just can’t beat that feeling of adventure on the open road. It’s a time for blue skies, open windows, awesome playlists and a few super clean rest stops. Welcome to Road T(r)ips, a Say Blog series all about getting the most out of your vehicle vacay. First stop, snacks.
Snacks are an absolute road trip essential. Because, well … food. You want something tasty, obviously, but it’s also good to have snacks that will give you energy, won’t cause a sugar slump, and are easy to travel with. That’s where we come in. We’ve got healthy, portable snacks that taste great.
Let’s dig in.
Veggies & Dip
When I dip, you dip, we dip. Get your vitamins and nutrients, with a healthy kick of flavor.
- Red or green peppers
- Snap peas
Add your dip:
Protein will give you a healthy dose of energy and keep you satisfied for hours. Plus, we’re addicted to nut butter packs!
- String cheese
- Greek yogurts: Single serve packs are great for traveling!
- Hard-boiled eggs
- Beef jerky: A road trip must-have
- Nut butter packs
- Energy bars: Pick up your favorite or bake your own.
These healthy sweets are great for indulging that sweet tooth without the sugar slump afterward!
- Whole fruits: We recommend non-messy whole fruits that won’t drip or stain. Try bananas, apples, strawberries, grapes and cantaloupe (pre-cut).
- Dried fruit
- Dark chocolate
- Chocolate-covered fruit
- Cinnamon sugar popcorn: Recipe here
Can’t forget the drinks! It’s important to stay hydrated … just make sure you plan a few rest stops!
- Bottled water
- Bai bubbles: These are great for when you want a little fizz without all the sugar.
- Iced tea
- Coffee drinks
- Coconut water: Lots of flavor and energy in these babies.
Those should get you fueled up for an awesome trip! Have more suggestions? We’d love to hear them! Post to our Facebook or hit us up on Twitter with the hashtag #saysnackpicks!