Examples of qualifying extraordinary life circumstances are:
- Catastrophic event, if declared by the federal or state government.
- Serious illness or injury to you or an immediate family member.
- Death of spouse, child, or parent.
- Involuntary interruption of legally owed alimony or support payments.
- Identity theft.
- Temporary and involuntary loss of employment for three months or more.
- Overseas military deployment.
If one of these or another extraordinary life circumstance happens to you and your credit score takes a hit, you could be eligible to be re-rated using our neutral credit score. Say States that currently allow an ELC are KS and IL.