Even if you're a perfect driver, rates can sometimes increase. Some common reasons for rate increases are:
- Where you live: The insurance industry is regulated by the states, so your rate could change given a change in your state law or regulations.
- What you drive: Changing vehicles can affect your rate.
- Insurance Score: If your credit or insurance scores change, your rate can change too. Say adds 50 points to your Say insurance score each renewal to help with this!
- Claims: Having large or frequent claims can raise your rates.
- Driving Violations: Recent tickets or other violations can impact your rate.
If none of these rate increase reasons make sense for your situation it may be worth looking into. To double check your information, please call our Say Service Squad at 1-800-225-5729.