Say Website Access:
European Union Residents
Uh oh! Access to this website isn’t intended for residents of the European Union. If you’re an EU resident, we’re sorry, but you’ll need to exit the site.
Non-European Union Residents
Not an EU resident? You can check out the Say site after reading and agreeing to a few terms and conditions here.
Say's Policies Last Updated: 12/10/2020
What Type Of Information Do We Collect About You?
Depending upon the Website, Application, and/or Product you access and use, the nature of your communications with us, and the applicable laws in the places in which we operate, we may collect both personal and non-personal information from and about you.
Personal information is non-public information that can be used to directly or indirectly identify or contact you. Examples of personal information we may collect from you, or about you from third parties, includes but may not be limited to:
- Name, alias, or social media handle
- Date of birth
- Unique online identifier
- Phone number
- Online username and password
- Postal and/or e-mail address
- Account name and/or account number
- Social security number
- Driver’s license / passport / state identification number
- Bank, credit, or debit card number
- Medical information
- Motor vehicle reports, claim reports, insurance history and/or credit information from consumer reporting and insurance support agencies
- Financial information / financial history
- Education level / professional history
- Insurance policy number
- Gender, marital status, or other protected characteristics under applicable law
- Claims history, coverage, and/or vehicle information
- Transaction history with date, time, dollar amount, and merchant details
- Biometric or other medical information
- Vehicle changes and coverage
Non-personal information is any other type of information, including but not limited to:
- Publicly available information
- Aggregate or de-identified information
- Browser type and version
- Browser settings
- Browser plug-in types and versions
- Operating systems and platform
- Device type and operating information
- Mobile carrier
- Page response time and download errors
- Time zone
- Zip code
How Do We Collect Your Information?
We collect information from you in three ways:
Method #1 - Directly from you. We collect information directly from you when you access and/or use our Website, Application, Products, or when you communicate with us in any manner. This includes, but may not be limited to, when you:
- Call us and/or fill forms on our Website to receive a quote, apply for a policy, or file a claim;
- Download and use our Application;
- Fill out information on our Website and/or Application to contact us;
- Log-in to view your account;
- Send information by mail or submit payment;
- Start chatting through the Website and/or Application;
- Provide feedback on our Website, Application, or Products;
- Request an inspection ;
- Report a problem with our Website, Application, or Products;
- Respond to a survey or sweepstakes; and
- Search for information on our Website and Application.
Method #2 - Automatically. We may collect your information automatically when you access and/or use our Website, Application, Products, or when you communicate with us, including but not limited to:
- Details of your visits to the Website and Application, including traffic data, location data, logs and other communication data;
- Information about your computer and mobile device, and internet connection, including your IP address, operating system, and browser type; and
- Interactivity with an e-mail, including opening, navigating, and click-through information.
Method #3 - From third parties. We may collect your information from third parties, including but not limited to business affiliates and service providers, including but not limited to:
- Statistical data relating to your activity on our Website and Application;
- Consumer report, credit report, driving history, and claim history from consumer reporting and insurance support agencies and groups;
- Social media profile information and activity, including your screen names, profile picture, contact information, contact list, and the profile pictures of your contacts, through the social media platform;
- Transactional histories with third parties; and
- Information from public sources, including local, state, and federal government agencies and departments.
How Do We Use Your Information?
We may use your personal information in variety of ways, including but not limited to:
- Provide the Website to you;
- Provide the Application to you;
- Provide the Products you have requested;
- Fulfill a transaction you requested or service your policy;
- Handle a claim;
- Create and manage your account;
- Operate the Website and Application, including access management, administration, internal operations, troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, and for statistical purposes;
- Respond to your requests, feedback, or inquiries;
- Comply with laws, regulations, and other legal requirements;
- Comply with relevant industry standards and our policies;
- Protect and enforce your rights and the rights of other users against unlawful activity, including identity theft and fraud;
- Protect and enforce our collective rights arising under any agreements entered into between us and you or any other third party;
- Protect the integrity and maintain security of our Website, Application, and Products;
- Operate, evaluate, and improve our business; and
- Provide you with information and advertisements about products, services, and promotions, from us or third parties, that may interest you.
We reserve the right to use your non-personal information for any purpose, which may include:
- Deliver content tailored to your interests and the manner in which you use the Website and Application;
- Present content in a manner that is optimized for your device; and
- Measure and analyze the effectiveness of the Website, Application, and Products we provide to you.
How Do We Share Your Personal Information?
We do not sell your personal information to nonaffiliated third parties. We will only share your personal information in the following situations:
- In a business transfer. We may disclose your personal information as part of a corporate business transaction, such as a merger or acquisition, joint venture, corporate reorganization, financing, or sale of company assets, or in the unlikely event of insolvency, bankruptcy, or receivership, in which such information could be transferred to third parties as a business asset in the transaction.
- To service providers. We may disclose your personal information to nonaffiliated third parties vendors and partners who complete transactions or perform services on our behalf (e.g., process an application, service a policy, complete a claim, investigate a claim, complete a vehicle repair, obtain financing, audit, market, etc.) For example, if you put in a claim, your information may be shared with adjusters and other companies to facilitate your claim.
- To subsidiaries and affiliates. We may disclose your personal information to subsidiaries and affiliates to further facilitate your use of our Website, Application, and/or Products, and to ensure the smooth and consistent operations.
- For legal process and protection. We may disclose your personal information to satisfy any law, regulation, legal process, governmental request, or where we have a good faith belief that access, use, preservation or disclosure of such information is reasonably necessary to:
- Enforce or apply agreements, or initiate, render, bill, and collect for Products;
- Protect our rights or interests, property or safety or that of others;
- In connection with claims, disputes, or litigation - in court or elsewhere;
- Protect users of our Website, Application, and/or Products and other carriers or providers from fraudulent, abusive, or unlawful use of, or subscription to, such services;
- Facilitate or verify the appropriate calculation of taxes, fees, or other obligations due to a local, state, or federal government; or
- In case of an emergency.
Links To Third Party Sites
Third Party Tracking / Do Not Track
Our Website may, from time to time, collect information about your online activities, over time and across our Website, Application, and other Products. When you use our Website or Application, third parties may, from time to time, also collect information about your online activities, over time and across different internet websites, online or cloud computing services, online applications, or mobile applications.
Some browsers support a “Do Not Track” feature, which is intended to be a signal to websites that you do not wish to be tracked across different websites you visit. Our Website does not currently change the way it operates based upon detection of a “Do Not Track” or similar signal.
How Do We Protect Your Personal Information?
The security of your personal information is important to us. That is why we take commercially reasonable steps to ensure there are adequate physical, technical, and administrative safeguards applied to your personal information, consistent with applicable law,
How Long Do We Keep Your Personal Information?
We keep your personal information for as long as necessary in accordance with the purpose for which it was collected, our business needs, and our legal and regulatory obligations. If we dispose of your personal information, we will do so in a way that is secure and appropriate to nature of the information subject to disposal, consistent with applicable law.
What Kinds Of Technologies Do We Use?
- We also use analytic software such as Google Analytics to help better understand how our Website functions on your device(s) and for analytical purposes. You can opt-out of Google Analytics by installing Google’s opt-out browser add-on. Please be aware that if you use these services, this may cause some of our Website features to not function correctly or at all.
- Browser Cookies. A browser cookie is a small piece of information stored by your web browser. That cookie then communicates with servers, ours or those of other companies that we authorize to collect data for us and allows recognition of your personal computer. Our Website may use, from time to time, browser cookies.
- Flash Cookies. Certain features of our Website may use locally stored objects called flash cookies to collect and store information about your preferences and navigation to, from and on our Website. We also may include cookies to provide aggregate reporting. Our Website may also allow Adobe to set and enable special cookies that are necessary to deliver video content for Adobe Flash Player.
- Beacons / Pixels. Our Website and e-mails may contain small electronic files known as beacons (also referred to as web beacons, clear GIFs, pixel tags and single-pixel GIFs) that permit us to, for example, to count users who have visited those pages or opened an e-mail and for other website-related statistics. Beacons in e-mail marketing campaigns allow us to track your responses and your interests in our content, offerings and web pages. You may use the tools in your device to disable these technologies as well.
Please note, you cannot remove flash cookies simply by changing your browser settings. If you would like to limit the websites that can store information in flash cookies on your device, you must visit the Adobe website: http://www.macromedia.com/support/documentation/en/flashplayer/help/settings_manager07.html.
We provide you the ability to exercise certain controls and choices regarding our collection, use, storage, and sharing of your personal information. In accordance with applicable law, your controls and choices may include:
- Correcting or updating your personal information;
- Choosing or changing your choices for subscriptions, newsletters, and alerts;
- Choosing whether to receive from us offers and promotions for our Products, or Products we think may be of interest to you;
- Choosing whether we share your personal information with other companies so they can send you offers and promotions about their products and services;
You can learn more about your choices, and exercise these controls and choices, by contacting us at email@example.com.
Our Website is not intended for children under the age of 18. This includes any links to other websites that we provide for our convenience. We don’t knowingly collect personal information from children for any reason.
Our Website, Application, and Products are hosted and offered in the United States of America (US), and are subject to applicable US federal, state, and local law. If you are accessing and/or using the Website, Application, and/or Products from another country, please be advised that you may be transferring your information to us in the US. If your access and/or use our Website, Application, or Products, you will also be subject to the laws or regulations of any other jurisdiction regarding the use of the Internet, including the collection, use, or disclosure of personal information, and if any such use and/or access would be unlawful in said jurisdiction, you may not access and/or use the Website, Application, and/or Products.
We may change this Privacy Notice from time to time. Any and all changes to this Privacy Notice will be reflected on this page, and where appropriate provided in person or by another electronic method, consistent with applicable law. The last updated date will be stated at the top of this Privacy Notice. Unless stated otherwise, our current Privacy Notice applies to all information that we have about you. You should regularly check this page for any changes to this Privacy Notice.
Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call us at 1-800-225-5729.