By Madeline Klein on October 5, 2016 in Life Hacks
If you plan on riding your bike in a tux anytime soon, steer clear of Galesburg, Illinois. They have a zero tolerance policy for “fancy bicycle riding.” Think that’s bizarre? Just wait. We’re listing the 10 weirdest traffic laws from state to state and we’ll warn you, it’s gonna get weird.
1. Alabama - It’s illegal to drive while blindfolded. We have a feeling the guys from Jackass had something to do with this one.
2. California - California, we too think spilling a margarita on the street should be illegal.
3. Georgia - In Dublin, Georgia, it’s illegal to drive through playgrounds. Sorry kids, we can’t send red Range Rover right over.
4. Kansas - In Topeka, Kansas, it’s unlawful to transport dead poultry along Kansas Avenue. We’ve lost our appetite anyway.
5. Illinois - It’s illegal to hang obstructions from the rear view mirror including air fresheners, GPS and sadly, your lucky fuzzy dice.
6. Maine - In South Berwick, apparently the Dunkin’ Donuts parking lot is not for parking. You’ll be ticketed if you do.
7. Maryland - Watch your mouth in Rockville, Maryland. It’s a misdemeanor to swear from a vehicle.
8. Massachusetts - If you see a gorilla with his thumb out on the side of the road, you can pick him up … just make sure he rides in the front seat. In Massachusetts it’s illegal to operate a car with a gorilla in the back seat.
9. North Carolina - It’s illegal to play in traffic here. Take note, Pokémon Go-ers.
10. Oregon - Sorry, Hodor, we can’t hold the door. It’s illegal to leave your car door open longer than is deemed necessary.