By Madeline Klein on May 28, 2021 in say's spotlight
Our Say team is comprised of insurance-lovin’ foodies. After a long day at the office, the first thing on our minds is, “What’s for dinner?” So, lucky for you – we cover the car insurance ins and outs AND recipes to hit the spot this summer!
Dessert first, always.
- Chocolate Raspberry Yogurt Tart – This combo of chocolate, fruit, and yogurt will quickly become a fan favorite!
- Key Lime Pie – A classic light dessert that’s the perfect addition to ANY meal…especially burgers and brats.
- Lemon Bars (Easy!) – Here’s another age-old summer sweet (and tart) treat!
These dips will not disappoint! Pair them with tortilla chips, pita chips, or some veggies from the garden.
- Watermelon Salsa – Ditch the traditional salsa and add some fresh fruit to your salsa this year!
- Sausage Bean Spinach Dip – Caution: You might be tempted to skip your entrée with this as an appetizer.
An entrée for everyone – from chicken to ribeye to salmon! You’ll be maximizing your use of the grill this summer season.
- Grilled Rosemary Chicken Thighs with Sweet Sour Orange Dipping Sauce – Okay, just the name has us drooling for this one.
- Grilled Ribeye Steak with Shallot Jalapeno Tomato Butter – Does anything fit the “summer vibe” like a grilled steak? We think not!
- Broiled Salmon with Ginger Shiitake Glaze – The ginger shiitake glaze on this salmon will level up your usual fish Fridays!
- Smoked Salmon Hash with Chive Sour Cream – Pro Tip: Try this recipe out for breakfast when you have leftover salmon.
We have options with and without a little kick. Feel free to mix and add to these recipes to find the perfect drink for you.
- Arnold Palmer – What happens when you combine the two BEST summer drinks? Lemonade + iced tea = even better!
- Cranberry Basil Sangria – This recipe doesn’t have any alcohol, so it might become a staple for all families – even with kiddos!
- Raspberry Mojito – This recipe is our Operations Manager’s very own so we’ll type it out for you.
- Ingredients: 3 mint leaves, 8 raspberries, ½ oz freshly squeezed lime juice, 3 tsp. sugar, 2 oz raspberry-flavored rum, and 2-3 oz club soda
- Steps: Muddle the first four ingredients in a cocktail shaker. Add the rum and ice, then shake for 30 seconds. Strain into a glass and top with the club soda. Garnish with a sprig of mint.
If you try any (or all) of our summer recipes, let us know what you think on social media. Plus, we always love testing new recipes so share them on Facebook, Instagram, or Twitter and tag us @sayinsurance!