By Madeline Klein on November 2, 2020 in Say's Spotlight
2020 is the year for adjusting old traditions and discovering new ones. Why not switch up your go-to Thanksgiving or Friendsgiving recipes? The best part is you don’t have to eliminate the age-old family recipes, just add more!
Check out our suggestions.
Appealing Appetizers and Scrumptious Sides:
Let’s get real for a minute. Sides make fall feasts 100 million times better. The turkey is amazing and we all enjoy smothering it with gravy, but there’s something about a plate full of various sides that can’t be beat.
- Sweet Potato Casserole – This combination of sweet potatoes, pecans, and brown sugar might sound like a dessert, but in the interest of leaving room for pie – let’s call it a side!
- Veggie Patch Pizza – Our Digital Media Specialist swears by this pizza. She calls it the perfect appetizer on Thanksgiving Day. It’s so delicious her family has enjoyed it every year for as long as she can remember.
- Cranberry Orange Sauce – Cranberry sauce is a staple! We see no reason to make the same boring ole cranberries that you have year after year, our suggestion is to try adding in orange for a zesty new flavor! Brit + Co has a variety of other options including additions like Cabernet, pomegranate juice, or pineapples and walnuts.
- Pumpkin Cauliflower Mac and Cheese – Don’t be spooked by this, admittedly, unusual sounding recipe. The main ingredients in this dish are cheese and pasta, so your crew is bound to love it. Because, let’s be honest, who doesn’t love cheese?
Okay, just checking in. Are you hungry yet? If not, keep reading and surely these next recipes will make your stomach rumble.
Mouthwatering Main Courses:
Did someone say, “Winner, winner turkey dinner!”?
- Perfect Roast Turkey – This recipe promises a “plump and regal turkey, with crisp, golden-brown skin and an aroma to match.” Our Operations Manager guarantees that Martha Stewart’s turkey will not disappoint!
- Crockpot Turkey Breast – The “fix-it and forget-it” cooking style may be necessary when the whole family is in town. Throw your turkey breast in with some celery, onion, baby carrots, and spices and let your Crockpot do the rest. We know you’d rather be playing a game of charades anyhow!
- Pumpkin Pecan Pie – We featured a pumpkin pecan pie in our favorite fall treats, and because it’s so incredible, we’re mentioning it again here. HINT: this recipe is one you must try. If the age-old battle of pecan vs pumpkin pie typically causes your family to take up arms, fear not! You’ll now give them the best of both worlds!
- However, if the pecan or the pumpkin has already won a place in your heart, we’ve got those recipes too!
- Pumpkin Tiramisu – Not much of a baker? No problem! This pumpkin tiramisu requires no baking and only uses 8 ingredients. Whip this up in a mere 15 minutes and amaze your guests with your culinary skills!
- Vegan Chocolate Chip Cookies – What if one or more of your guests are vegan? These cookies are so tasty, you won’t believe they really are vegan! Better taste test a couple for a quick quality check.
Don’t wait any longer, a trip to the grocery store (or that online order) is all that stands between you and these delicious recipes!